1:48 scale construction kit that requires assembly and painting
The Supermarine Spiteful was a British Rolls-Royce Griffon-engined fighter aircraft. In late 1942, Supermarine designers feared the drag characteristics of the Spitfire's wing at high Mach numbers (nearing the speed of sound) might become a limiting factor in increasing the aircraft's high-speed performance.
To overcome this, it was decided to produce a new laminar-flow wing, much like that already used on the North American P-51 Mustang, Another change, to improve the ground-handling, was replacing the Spitfire's narrow-track, outward-retracting undercarriage with a wider-track, inward-retracting system. as it was now substantially different from a Spitfire, the aircraft was named Spiteful.
- Scale: 1/48
- Wingspan: 224mm
- Length: 216mm
- No of parts: 80+
- Fine engraved panel lines
- Detailed cockpit and wheel wells
- 2-piece canopy
- Optional fuselage reconnaissance camera
- Individually moulded ailerons
- Optional position flaps
- Single-piece 5-blade propeller with separate spinner
- Photo-etch radiator face screens
Decals for the following aircraft:
- 1) RAF RB518
- 2) Finnish Air Force SU-213
- 3) Royal Netherlands Air Force 'H*83'
- Glue, paints and tools for assembly